* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Not often you come across a 138-rated performer in a maiden, but that’s the mark they will have to run to here if they are to prove a match for the dual Graded-placed CIEL DE NEIGE, which on the face of it looks unlikely.
Willie Mullins’ charge should be all the better for his recent visit to Fairyhouse and an overdue win looks on the cards here. Brazos, Double Jemmy, Fix The Bill and Bulldoze can fight it out for the minor placings.
A step up in trip looks sure to suit FAROUK D’ALENE who lost his unbeaten record at Navan last time but should appreciate testing ground over further. Recent course winner Costalotmore and the mare Pepite De Belle are two more that should appreciate more of a stamina test. Darren’s Hope had excuses when pulled up last time and is another to consider in an open event.
A few of these met at Punchestown last month when ALL ABOUT JOE (nap) was narrowly denied. He’s the standard setter and with that being just his second start of the season, he’s probably open to more progress than a fair few of these. Marco Rock is likely to be a big price again but he could get involved if he jumps better this time.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Vue En Seine should give Ian Power a good spin and looks a big player but the two to concentrate on here, both of which are returning from an absence, could well be Urbanist and GREY HABIT, with slight preference for the latter.
A Fairyhouse winner when last seen out in January, our selection is one of the veterans of the field, and her connections are unlikely to have left her short of work. Inagh’s Gift should also be bang there.
A competitive race but NOTICE TO CLOSE looks very well handicapped back on his reduced hurdles mark having been impressive over fences of late and he could be hard to beat if he’s as effective in this sphere. Bold Assassin should come on for his reapperance and A Girl Like Me seems to be thriving at present.
An open renewal but SCOIR MEAR has been in good form all season and 3m5f was probably a step too far last time. This appears to be his optimal trip and conditions will be no issue, so he’s taken to get his head back in front. Ten Ten and Off You Go are two more interesting runners for the same owner and Dream Conti is another to consider back at a more realistic level.
A tight contest with the majority holding some sort of claims. DIS DONC was seventh in a competitive handicap at Navan lately and appeals most. Sporting first-time blinkers, he can uphold previous form with Ujumpthelastuwin and Cavalry Master. Arahecan and The Priests Leap won’t be far away whilst Triplicate is likely to turn the screw over fences at some point.
It might be worth taking a chance on point winner ROUTINE EXCELLENCE who has the benefit of a recent run. He’s taken to get the better of Where It All Began who has an attractive pedigree and top amateur Jamie Codd is a notable jockey booking.
MORE TIPS FOR MONDAY
- Mick Fitzgerald’s best bets for Monday’s ITV races
- Timeform’s 3 top punts at Catterick on Monday
- Timeform’s 7 super picks at Leopardstown on Monday
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 super picks at Leopardstown on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Brendan Duke’s best bets at Leopardstown on Monday
- Paddy Power refunds on Irish & UK runners hit by Christmas travel ban
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s best bets for Monday’s ITV races
- Paddy’s Hall of Fame: Punter pockets nearly €6k off €1.40 racing sixfold