* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Dirt racing is what this gelding is all about so you can easily put a line through his poor effort on the all-weather at Presque Isle Downs. All Tudox Expectations’ best form has come on dirt tracks and he has won around Tampa Bay before. Before that all-weather reversal he was in excellent form; twice placing in big money stakes races at Philadelphia and Delaware. He gets a drop in class now and picks up Tampa’s top jockey Antonio Gallardo (26% strike rate).
A repetition of either of his last two dirt starts should be enough.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
A 5k claimer over 6 furlongs that really shouldn’t take much winning and as such the likely favourite Master Storm looks one of the more solid betting options on the card. Trainer Jose Delgado has made a strong start to the Tampa meet with eight wins and 11 places from 33 starts and has a strike rate of 32% when teaming up with Gallardo in the saddle. Mister Storm returned from a layoff when just getting nailed on the line on Nov 28 in a stronger grade than this.
He probably just tired with the lack of a recent run so that should leave him spot on. I’d expect to see similar aggressive, front-running tactics put to use again.
Keith Nations’ gelding arrives off the back of a narrow defeat in a similar race to this at Indiana Grand on October 6th and looks to have every chance of going one better now.
Dropped to claiming company, he has three solid runs to his name at Tampa in far stronger allowance races and should appreciate the ease in class. Nations is a very selective trainer with what he sends to Tampa with Mountain Holiday looking to become his second winner in just three starts since the meeting began.
Making only his fourth career start, Big Red Rocks should still have plenty of improvement in what his first time racing at Tampa (all three strarts to date came at Monmouth’s competitive summer meet).
He was a winner on debut before far from disgracing himself in two stronger races than this; finishing a close up sixth and fifth and is another who should find this a lot easier. There are a lot of exposed runners in this field, that shouldn’t have much improvement left in the locker.
Big Red Rocks has and he should take all the beating.
- Jump over to all the top tips and Christmas racing previews now
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the New Year’s Day giveaway
- Watch: Le Tissier goes it alone in the first episode of Pundits season two!
- Say hello to paddy’s Bet Builder – all you need to know about placing an acca on a single game
- Christmas has come early – Paddy’s updating the app – again!