A nice competitive 16-runner handicap to kick off affairs at the Western France venue, I am more than willing to give the daughter of Sidestep Phosphene a chance stepping back up in trip to the extended mile. With a capable 6lb claimer onboard, Phosphene has more in her favour than the rest of the field and at an each-way price is one to be onside.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- …THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
While most eyes may be drawn to the favourite, Georginela, I cant get past Premier Avril at a working-man’s price, who was unlucky not to collect the Christmas money at this time last year.
Given a wide trip last time out, I can see him overturning the form with Showmethegin and putting up a a big race to the favourite and landing the Christmas punt for connections in the process.
Ministrable is likely to go off favourite in search of a hat-trick of wins, he had to work hard to beat Stormy Air who now is getting weight having run off level weights last time out. Having run such a smart race on his first sight at the Pornichet fibresand, Stormy Air is one of the stronger bets on the card.
A two-year-old race with not the greatest amount of form to go on. It has the air of ‘nobody knows anything about it’ but I really feel that Havoc is crying out for a firmer surface and will get it on this fibresand surface now. He has been running decent races on soft going. Central Park West is expected to start favourite, but is winless and has had more tries than a rugby match at Twickenham to get off the board.
We have a tremendous each-way bet with the dead eight runners lining up.
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: I’ve £1m more reasons to watch on New Year’s Day now says week 4 winner
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: This must be karma after the break-in says week 3 winner