We have no less than 17 two year old colts lining up here for what is, on paper, a competitive looking maiden. There are a couple of newcomers and unexposed types that could leave debut form behind them but it would take a very useful effort to beat Bobbymurphy. He made a very pleasing debut on Nov 11 when pulling 3 lengths clear of the field finishing just behind a useful looking stablemate. That was an excellent effort and he can put the experience to use from stall 1 today.
Another big field and a competitive handicap, but Senator Frost really catches the eye here. An established performer with nearly €150k in prize money earned to date, she has given signs she ll be winning soon with her last couple of runs. Two starts ago she was overmatched in a listed race but far from disgraced herself with when running 5th, not beaten far. Last time out she finished an even better 2nd in a conditions race behind a well fancied Simon Crisford horse and back into handicap company today with a good draw in 7 she makes plenty of appeal.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
A non runner brings the field down to 15 but we will be paying 4 places on PP.com regardless. Another wide open race here but Ayguemorte left a couple of lacklustre runs behind when narrowly beaten at Amiens on the 5th of December. Has won around here before and if repeating the effort from its last run should take all the beating,
Plenty of newcomers from powerful yards that are certainly worth a market check here, but the feeling is that it would take a useful one to beat Selly here. She ran a cracker on debut at Deauville running 3rd behind two well fancied nice types. Henri Pantall’s filly is sure to come on and have learned from that and sets a fairly lofty target that the rest will need to aim for.
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Tips at Chantilly on Monday
- Frank Hickey’s 4 picks for Monday’s racing action
- Timeform’s 3 nifty selections at Newcastle feature a 14/1 fancy
- Timeform have Musselburgh on Monday covered with some cracking fancies