* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ST ANNE’S showed run-to-run progress in three minor events earlier this year and took a big step forward when only narrowly beaten on handicap debut at Southwell last month. She wore a first-time tongue tie on that occasion and gave a more experienced rival a real race.
She was upsides the winner entering the final furlong and only just failing to get on top. The pair pulled clear of the remainder and she remains well treated having been raised 2lbs. First-time cheekpieces are fitted now and there is plenty to like about her chances.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
CAPTAIN COOPER is related to several winners and produced a promising first effort despite being easy to back when finishing second to a potentially smart sort in a course-and-distance minor event last month. He was held up after making a slow start and had to be pushed along around 2 furlongs out.
The penny started to drop late in the day, and he made good progress to be never nearer than at the finish. There should be plenty of improvement in him now and he sets a good standard to aim at here.
LOOK OUT LOUIS confirmed the promise of his stable debut when resuming winning ways in a course-and-distance handicap earlier this month, beating the reopposing Lucky Lodge by 2-and-a-quarter lengths.
He did well to score with such authority given he refused to settle early, making most of the running and showing a good turn of foot in the final furlong. The handicapper has reacted by raising him 6lbs in the weights, but that is fair and he remains well enough treated on the pick of his older form.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 mighty plays at Musselburgh on Monday
- Paddy’s Jargon Buster – A guide to Horse Racing terms
- Christmas has come early – Paddy’s updating the app – again!