* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
LUSCIFER has taken off over the last couple of months, winning three of his last four starts, and had plenty in hand when recording his third course win over course and distance last week. He was drawn wide, but steadily worked himself across and was always travelling well before taking up the lead under 2 furlongs from home.
Luscifer won in ready fashion and the form has been franked since with the runner-up winning next time. He has been raised 5lbs in the weights since and is up to a career-high mark, but he is clearly thriving and there is plenty to like about his chances.
SOCIAL CITY is another thriving sort for Tony Carroll and could provide the trainer with a quick-fire double. He has won his last three starts on the all-weather Lingfield, Wolverhampton and at this course – seemingly to relish the marathon trip on the latest occasion.
He relished the extra emphasis on stamina return to fibresand and had a fair bit more in hand than the half-length margin suggests. He is just as effective at this shorter trip and remains ahead of his mark turned out under a 5lbs penalty.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
RED BRAVO can’t be faulted for his consistency this year and again should be hard to keep out of the frame. He finished a good third over 6 furlongs at this course last month and again ran creditably to finish fourth over the same course and distance last time.
His hold-up style of racing isn’t ideally suited to this track, but the step back up to 7 furlongs will be in his favour and he remains on a mark that he can be competitive from.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy’s Jargon Buster – A guide to Horse Racing terms
- Christmas has come early – Paddy’s updating the app – again!