* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
MARSABIT had shown bits and pieces of form on turf in the summer, and was gambled on after seven weeks off when narrowly winning a nursery over course and distance last month.
That was a much-improved display from Marsabit, who made the most of an easing mark to gain his first win. He overcame unfavourable circumstances, too, and is worth extra credit having had to delay his challenge when short of room around a furlong from home.
Marsabit seemed to relish his first try at a mile and could progress further yet at this trip.
CONFRERIE resumed winning ways over a mile at Lingfield in June and some below-par efforts since mean he has now dropped back to that winning mark. He caught the eye after four months off when finishing fifth over a mile here two weeks ago, a very slow start always putting him on the backfoot and finishing as close as could have been expected in a slowly-run race.
The drop back to seven furlongs won’t be a bother for him and he should be competitive here if building on that.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
CASA LOUPI has shown enough in recent starts to suggest he is up to winning races from this mark and looks the pick of these on current form. He has shown improvement since being fitted with cheekpieces the last twice, arguably unlucky not to prevail at Yarmouth in October, and bumping into a thriving sort at Chelmsford last time.
Casa Loupi was spared a hard time after the winner had flown last time, and he remains one to be interested in on the all-weather.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy’s Jargon Buster – A guide to Horse Racing terms