This is an interesting rematch between Ravenscar and RUKWA who pulled clear in a similar C&D event 11 days ago. The former should make another bold bid, but Rukwa showed the right attitude to wear down his old rival in closing stages last time and he may be to come out on top again to make it 2-4 at this track. The smart jumper Voix Du Reve is a fascinating contender off a lowly mark on his return to the Flat, while another to consider is the 3yo Jen’s Fella, who was an eyecatcher when upped to 2m on his recent stable debut.
Preference is for RAINBOW DREAMER (nap), who won four in a row at 2m last winter and has leading claims on his highly creditable fifth under a big weight in the Northumberland Plate here on his last run in June. Mildenberger has been below form on turf in his last two runs but he finished ahead of the selection when runner-up in a Group 3 over C&D early in the summer and is a major player if he can recapture that form. The other one on the shortlist is last year’s winner Raymond Tusk.
Top of the list is Roger Varian’s progressive DUBLIN PHARAOH, who made it 3-7 when landing the odds in good style over C&D 23 days ago and a 3lb rise for that success looks fair. The big danger is another 3yo improver in Myseven, who has won three of her last four starts and still looks feasibly treated on this switch to Tapeta. The pick of the older runners could be Cardano, who is 1lb lower than for his last win and was runner-up behind a well-handicapped rival in a higher grade here last time.
Seaclusion, Yorkshire Pirlo and Shaykhoon are all respected but SETANTII GIRL could prove to be very favourably handicapped if the change of stable rekindles her enthusiasm.
Restitution and Star Shakeera are interesting newcomers and especially the first named, as a son of Frankel. However, MOBAADEL ran a very eyecatching race first time out at Kempton, and it will take a good one to beat him with that experience to build on.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Read More: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s weekend NAPs
A good race in which all eight runners have something to recommend them. The likable Marshal Dan should be in the thick of it, while Keyser Soze and Magical Wish are also shortlisted. SANAADH has a good record here though and may be the answer.
Longroom and Klopp both feature prominently in calculations for this trappy sprint but at the likely prices it might be worth taking a chance on SUWAAN. He’s on a long losing run and this season’s efforts haven’t been chock full of promise but he wasn’t seen to best effect here last time and that should have blown away the cobwebs. He’s very quickly dropped to a mark off which he ought to be making a big impact.
The Racing Post’s tips at Newcastle today
More tips for Saturday
- This 7/1 shot can get it done at Wolverhampton today
- Ruby Walsh picks out a Fairyhouse trixie on Saturday
- Ruby Walsh’s trio of best bets at Doncaster on Saturday
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase qualifier tips: Frank Hickey and Ruby Walsh’s selections
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Saturday 7 for ITV Races
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 7 best bets for Saturday’s ITV races
- Cheltenham tips: Timeform’s 7 slick picks for Saturday’s racing
- Paddy’s Jargon Buster – A guide to Horse Racing terms