Forrard Away horse sprung a surprise at Wexford back in March on only his 4th run (first in a handicap) and was last seen when finishing 5th in a amateur handicap hurdle at Clonmel back in October. He was too keen on that occasion and the deep ground on his comeback run all played against him so with that run under his belt he should get closer to making it two wins from only six starts.
This is only the 8th run in Regina Dracones’ career but the last 2 runs suggest she can be competitive off her mark. She was in the process of running a cracker when falling 2 out at Navan on her handicap debut & showed that was no fluke when 2nd the last day at Punchestown to the well handicapped Deilginis. She was given 3lb for that run but James O Sullivan takes 7lb off so she will be running off 4lb less than at Punchestown.
Wheest makes quite a bit of appeal on just her second start for Alastair Ralph. A point winner in Ireland, she showed some fair form in novice hurdles and on her stable debut last time, on what was just her second start in a handicap, she ran a huge race. She was held up out the back and began to make her move leaving the back straight and was staying on nicely when making a mess of the final hurdle and losing all her momentum. She finished 5th but with a clean jump at the last it is likely she would have gone very close. That was over two and a half miles and being a point winner she could well improve for the step up to three miles. She gets to run off the same mark of 107 here and makes strong each way appeal.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Read More: Ruby Walsh and Frank Hickey’s weekend naps
From 4 runs at Doncaster Looking Well has a win a second, and two starts ago was all set to add to his decent course record when falling at the last whilst in the runner-up spot. He is now three pounds lower than that run and had a more than satisfactory return over hurdles at Kelso in November. That was Looking Well’s first run since March 2019 and should have blown the cobwebs away sufficiently for this assignment back over fences tomorrow.
Paddy’s traders’ tips for Saturday
More tips for Saturday
- This 7/1 shot can get it done at Wolverhampton today
- Ruby Walsh picks out a Fairyhouse trixie on Saturday
- Ruby Walsh’s trio of best bets at Doncaster on Saturday
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase qualifier tips: Frank Hickey and Ruby Walsh’s selections
- Horse Racing tips: Mick Fitzgerald’s Saturday 7 for ITV Races
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 7 best bets for Saturday’s ITV races
- Cheltenham tips: Timeform’s 7 slick picks for Saturday’s racing
- Paddy’s Jargon Buster – A guide to Horse Racing terms