* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The Newcastle novice that WATER IRIS and Miss Finland both contested on debut last month looks the key piece of form here, and it is the former who emerged with the most credit. Water Iris was unfancied in the betting, but she shaped much better than the market expected she would first up – slowly into stride, but really getting the hang of things late on.
Only two with previous experience finished ahead of her, and should would likely have given them both a real run for their money had she enjoyed a smoother passage. She is sure to progress and is taken to confirm the form with Miss Finland – who finished fifth – and open her account at the second time of asking.
COMMIT NO NUISANCE caught the eye after 12 months off when finishing third at Wolverhampton on his return to action recently. The step up in trip allowing him to produce his best effort to date. In a soundly-run handicap, Commit No Nuisance chased the leader and, after being pushed along around the home turn, still held every chance approaching the final furlong.
He just ran out of pace late on however, unable to reel in the winner – who has gone in again since – and eventually passed by the fast finishing runner-up. He is entitled to come on for that effort and looks capable of better still, so must be at the very top of the shortlist.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Roger Charlton has a 28% strike rate with handicap debutants this season, his first-time runners in this sphere boasting a profit of £12.50 to a £1 level stake. While REAL DUDE hasn’t shaped with too much encouragement in his three outings to date, he makes a certain amount of appeal now switching to this code.
His best effort came at Kempton last time, having been stepped up in trip, so the extra distance here could show him to better advantage. An each-way bet looks the way to play this.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase: Watch live draw at 6pm on Monday to find out week 4 winner
- Horse Racing tips: This 12/1 punt can get it done at Plumpton today
- Horse Racing tips: This 5/1 shot can shine under lights at Wolverhampton today