* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
MEGAN was progressive on the Flat in Germany and she created an excellent impression when making a winning debut over hurdles on her first start for Stuart Edmunds at Leicester last month. It may not have been a strong race, but Megan proved far too good for her rivals.
She jumped fluently and quickening 9-and-a-half lengths clear in the style of an exciting prospect. She passed the post still full of running and she can show much better form when it is required. She deservedly heads the market for this listed race.
Winning pointer QUOI DE NEUF bettered his hurdles form at the first attempt over fences when finishing runner-up over course and distance last month and he remains open to plenty of improvement in this sphere. Aintree offers a stiff test of jumping for a horse making their debut over fences, but Quoi de Neuf put in an encouraging round.
He kept on nicely close home without ever being able to throw down a challenge to the impressive winner, who has since run well to finish runner-up at Newbury. Quoi de Neuf could be a different proposition with that outing under his belt and he can show himself to be a progressive, well-treated chaser.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
DIDERO VALLIS took well to chasing when sent over fences in the 2018/19 season, winning at Carlisle and Haydock and signing off with a creditable fifth in the Plate at the Cheltenham Festival. He made it to the course only three times last season, but he was by no means disgraced when finishing fifth in this race and then ran well to finish runner-up in the Rowland Meyrick on what proved to be his final start of the campaign.
He wasn’t at his best when only sixth on his reappearance at Ascot last month, but that should have put him spot on for this assignment. Meanwhile, Venetia Williams has her string in flying form at present so there is good reason to expect an improved performance. Testing conditions will also pose no problem.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: When this week’s Qualifying race takes place & how to enter
- Paddy Power Millionaire Chase tips: Frank Hickey and Paddy’s Sandown selections
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s 8 best bets for Saturday’s ITV races
- Horse Racing Tips: 5 to thrive at Navan on Saturday with a nifty NAP
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 sweet picks at Sandown on Saturday