* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
ONE SMALL STEP made the most of a good opportunity to open her account at the second attempt back in July, and that race has since proved a strong piece of form as the two that followed her home both going in next time out. She failed to improve on that effort at Salisbury on her handicap debut, but she has since gotten to grips with life in handicap company.
She has proved herself a consistent performer in that sphere, hitting the frame in each of her five outings in the code. She again ran creditably when fourth at Lingfield last time, and in fact shaped better than the distance beaten suggests – nearest at the finish after being left poorly placed. Cheekpieces are applied for the first time here, and she has to be taken seriously on her tapeta debut.
RAYYAN showed ability amidst greenness on his debut last month, and though he failed to build on that at Newcastle subsequently, he did show improved form on his handicap debut at Southwell last time. He led over a furlong out but hang badly left towards the far side, eventually demoted from second to third after hampering his three main rivals.
He undoubtedly has some experience issues that need ironing out, but he remains open to improvement. He looks a leading player with Ben Curtis now taking over in the saddle.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
GHEPARDO bounced back to form when second at Kempton two starts back, sticking to her task to get within three-quarters of a length to the winner. She looked to be on a handy mark if able to build on that effort, and though she wasn’t in the same form at the same venue last time, that run is best overlooked given she was left with plenty to do from a wide draw. She is drawn much better this time around and could be worth chancing to bounce back.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: What you can get for a million quid
- Millionaire Chase: 6 stunning facts about past winners of our latest qualifier race