* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Samovar, Scale Force and Red Stripes were all hampered when Rayyan hung across the track here 12 days ago and there shouldn’t be much between them again here. Samovar is marginally preferred of the trio, but he can blow the start and ARZAAK (NAP) may be the one to beat. This is a better class of race than he won here last month, but it isn’t especially competitive and Hollie Doyle’s presence in the saddle is an obvious plus.
A fairly weak contest where BOLD DECISION may be best placed to take advantage, if blinkers have the desired effect. Midnight In Havana would be a threat if able to revive and similar applies to The Retriever, while Velvet Vista is not ruled out.
An interesting contest. Mostallim should be better suited to this trip than that which he tackled here recently and, along with the improving Sky Power, is very much respected. Tynecastle Park can never be written off here, but preference is for NOTATION, who drops back to the trip over which she won here and having been given a bit more time between races, can hopefully kick on again.
The two principals are untested on the surface, so this looks a race to tread carefully with. Raymond Tusk would giving weight to JOHNNY DRAMA in a handicap, but the selection has been in rude health at Kempton of late and might prove more suited to a tactical affair at this trip.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Not many unknown quantities in this field, but some in-form course specialists on show. Crosse Fire should give it another good go, while Requinto Dawn and Puchita are also possibles. TOM TULLIVER has taken well to this surface in recent weeks though and might be able to gain a second course win from three starts.
This looks very competitive with several runners of interest. LE REVEUR took well to the surface when second, pulling clear with an improver, over course and distance ten days ago and he can go one better here. Perfect Rose, Native Silver and Robero head the list of dangers.
The flourishing Ustath may confirm recent C&D form with Sharrabang despite the revised terms, but it may pay to give another chance to SPRING ROMANCE. He wasn’t given an unduly hard time after missing the break here on his stable debut 12 days ago, but his previous run at Wolverhampton was promising and he’s happiest when able to bowl along in front. He can prove himself to be very well treated.
St Anne’s should have more to come now handicapping at this level and she’s a contender, while The Golden Cue ought to leave his recent efforts behind him and he’s on his last winning mark. Phantasmal is an obvious contender after Thursday’s C&D win, but it could be worth chancing TREVIE FOUNTAIN on the new surface. His recent Newcastle second was a welcome step back in the right direction.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: When this week’s Qualifying race takes place & how to enter
- Horse Racing tips: Matt Chapman’s best Friday bets for ITV Racing at Newbury
- Horse Racing tips: A magnificent 7 for Newbury on Friday
- Horse Racing tips: Frank Hickey’s Friday fab four from across the tracks
- Horse Racing tips: Jason Weaver’s 6 slick Friday picks at Dundalk & Chelmsford