* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
HASTY SAILOR appeared to be Sir Michael Stoute’s second string on his debut at Windsor in July, and though he was bettered by his stablemate, he certainly offered something to work on – staying on gradually under considerate handling. Switched to the all-weather and stepped up to a mile and a half for his second outing, Hasty Sailor built on the promise of his debut run.
He travelled like the best horse at the weights for a time, just unable to quicken late on. That race looks strong form for the grade, and with further improvement expected from Stoute’s three-year-old, he makes plenty of appeal now switched to handicaps.
MILLIE’S ANGEL offered something to work on when third on debut at Chelmsford at the beginning of the month, having to pick her way through over a furlong out but staying on gradually thereafter. She attracted support on her second outing at Wolverhampton eight days later, and she was probably unfortunate to bump into one as good as she did.
The winner looking a good prospect as she turned in an impressive performance. That run shouldn’t put anyone off Millie’s Angel’s chances here, particularly with further improvement anticipated. Her opening mark looks a fair one and she is taken to make a winning handicap debut.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
A trappy affair, but KNOCKABOUT QUEEN comes out nicely on top in terms of Timeform Weight-Adjusted Ratings, and though she is winless in her last nine outings, she looks worth siding with on these terms. Her last win actually came over this course and distance, back in January, as she completed a double in straightforward fashion. She hasn’t exactly been in good form since then, but a return to polytrack may help, as well as a step back up to 6 furlongs, and she looks worth chancing at the current prices.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: What you can get for a million quid
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 7 to savour at Sedgefield on Tuesday
- Mark Clattenburg reveals the biggest diver in football