* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
An ordinary enough maiden in which market strength for the Ger Lyons-trained newcomer Diderot should be noted, but this could be the turn of SHACKLETON HERO (NAP), whose overall form trumps that of Cursory Exam. One of the selection’s many stablemates, Visualisation could play a role.
Moderate fare with CHUMMIE taken to go one better than here ten days ago, where the selection had Stop On Red close behind ,but this time is aided by her talented rider’s valuable 7lb claim. Brosna Empress warrants respect on the balance of form though does have a wide draw to overcome, while last week’s flop Rich Law No Law is surely capable of better, but is another with a high draw to contend with.
One of the least exposed here, HIELLA could be worth taking a chance on after an encouraging first effort on this surface early in the month, which came after a break. Last week’s course and distance winner Linus Larrabee rates an obvious threat, while place claims are held by the likes of Silk Cravat, Foreign Legion and Sunset Nova.
The stronger of the two divisions. Several in-form contenders, notably Chagall, EMPHATIC and St George’s Head. Emphatic is looking to add to belated first victory at Dundalk 17 days ago and is fancied to repeat the trick it took him 25 attempts to first do here. Cappella Liath is a possible improver.
- CHECK OUT OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- … THEN GET ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
BLUEBEARD’S CASTLE was behind Tooreen Angel and Dream Tale when they last clashed, but he is better than that and might finally get his head in front – though the Stack runner is greatly feared. Swift Verdict is too.
DUNDORY just edged the verdict at the Curragh and, with a strong pace seemingly likely here, he can defy his rise. Punk Poet may have to get a lead but that may be no issue. Noted too is Winner Takes Itall.
Excellent each-way potential here, three or four places, with so much dead wood. John McConnell and son Cillian can strike here with BLACKSTONE CLIFF, something of a revelation on latest. Bare With Me is respected and each-way bets are strongly advised.
MAGIC CHARM needs to get his breaking act together, but he should be more than capable of winning a race as modest as this one. Ms Thompson could go two better after a fine run here on latest. Two of the reserves come into it if they run.
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the MILLION quid New Year’s Day giveaway
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: What you can get for a million quid
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 3 class punts at Chelmsford City on Monday
- Horse Racing tips: Timeform’s 8 mighty Monday bets at Musselburgh
- Horse Racing tips: 7 plays who could light up Ludlow on Monday