*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Albert Camus wasn’t particularly fancied but shaped encouragingly when third to a potentially smart type on debut at Sandown in September, getting the hang of things late in the day after showing inexperience. He didn’t build on that run as expected at Newmarket last time, perhaps making the running or the unique track not suiting, and he is afforded another chance now. He is bred to be much better than an opening mark of 75 and represents a yard that have a terrific record at the track.
Gunmetal isn’t one to trust, and his losing run stretches back to August 2018, but he very much caught the eye over course and distance last time. He left the impression he should have finished closer, travelling well in the rear and not getting a clear run around a furlong from home but staying on well with being knocked about. That run came in a stronger handicap and this course tends to lend itself well to hold-up types like Gunmetal, so he is worth chancing again under P. J. McDonald who rides this track well.
- DON’T MISS OUR BRAND NEW SNAZZY RACECARDS FOR EVERY SINGLE RACE TODAY
- THEN CHECK OUT ALL THE WINNERS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WITH OUR FAST RESULTS PAGES
Fashion Advice is speedily bred and looked potentially useful when winning a minor event at Catterick on her final start last season. She has returned to form the last twice, and ran well in a stronger grade of handicap on all-weather debut at Wolverhampton last time, probably doing too much too soon and paying the price late on. Fashion Advice drops into 0-75 company for the first time now and faces mainly exposed rivals, so remains one to be interested in.
Timeform’s three best bets at Newcastle on Friday
- Jump over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Paddy Power’s Millionaire Chase: All you need to know about the New Year’s Day giveaway
- Ruby Walsh’s 10 to follow from Willie Mullins’ yard for the 2020/21 jumps season
- Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to pay their way for the new jumps season
- The latest racing results are just a click away on PP News
- Horse Racing: How to watch racing for free with Paddy Power