Coverage starts with a handicap chase over 2m. This is very tricky! BEAT THE JUDGE is probably in the grip of the handicapper right now but he brings in decent recent course form so I’ll risk him each way for Gary and Joshua Moore.
After two wins at Newton Abbot and Fontwell, my hope did well when third behind the impressive Rouge Vif here last time when he never really got involved having been given plenty to do. He has place claims at the very least.
Now a novices’ chase over 2m4f. I’ll give MOSSY FEN another chance here as he may enjoy the slight drop in trip. Trained by Nigel Twiston-Davies and ridden by his son Sam, the selection jumped right at this track last time which is not ideal!
Hopefully, though, he will be all the better for that effort and he’s always promised to be a useful chaser for Carl Hinchy. See if any money comes for him on the day as the owner can have a bet!
SATURDAY’S TOP TIPS
- Our best bets for the first Paddy Power MILLION POUND GIVEAWAY qualifier
- Paul Jacob’s top-value 5 weekend wagers
- Timeform’s 7 to shine at Cheltenham on Saturday
- CHEAT SHEET: The top punts from our team of tipsters
WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED FOR ALL OF TODAY’S ACTION WITH:
- THE BEST FAST RESULTS FROM THE TRACK
- COMPLETE RACECARDS FOR EVERY RACE TODAY
Many old favourites here in a cross country chase over 3m6f. This is a cracker in terms of quality and it’s very easy to expect EASYSLAND to score for the Cottin stable and Jonathan Plouganou. The JP McManus-owned gelding looked superb in two of these races at Cheltenham last season and, even with Tiger Roll in the field, he should be nigh-on impossible to stop once again if fit for the return to action.
And finally a Grade 2 novice hurdle over 2m5f. Kim Bailey, the old boy, has been in cracking form this season and DOES HE KNOW will be hard to stop as he bids for a hat-traick under the excellent David Bass who has also been riding out of his skin. The five-year-old stayed on very strongly last time over this sort of distance at this track and should be able to give 3lb away to the others.
So best of luck and pray for Yeeehaaas.
Matt Chapman’s best bets at Cheltenham on Friday
More Friday tips
- Mick Fitz’s Cheltenham Lucky 15
- Paddy’s panel of experts deliver their Cheltenham best bets
- Frank Hickey’s fab 4 for Friday
- Jason Weaver’s slick 6 picks for the flat
- Sprint over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Ruby Walsh’s 10 to follow from Willie Mullins’ yard for the 2020/21 jumps season
- Paul Jacobs’ 10 to follow for the 2020/21 jumps season
- Mick Fitzgerald’s 10 to pay their way for the new jumps season
- The latest racing results are just a click away on PP News
- Horse Racing: How to watch racing for free with Paddy Power