* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
To Win: Bryson DeChambeau
The Caves Valley Golf Club on the outskirts of Baltimore, Maryland is a new course on the PGA Tour and it hosts the BMW Championship this week. The place looks to be a bit of a bomber’s paradise, with four long Par 5s and a couple of drivable Par 4s – if the players can hit it long enough. That’s why I’m going for the biggest hitter on the Tour, Bryson DeChambeau, to tame this 7,500-yard course.
DeChambeau ended up 31st last time out in The Northern Trust, in an event that was won in a play-off by Tony Finau. That finish was mainly down to his short game, losing 2.5 strokes in both Stokes Gained Around The Green and Stokes Gained Putting. The American’s long game looked in good order though, as he ranked fourth in the Stokes Gained Off The Tee and 20th in Stokes Gained On Approach stats at the Liberty National Golf Course.
DeChambeau should be able to open up his shoulder this week and use his power to his advantage. All we need for him to contend is a change in fortune on the greens and, at his current price, I’m more than willing to take the chance on that happening.
Each Way: Corey Conners
Corey Conners may not be the biggest hitter, especially in comparison to Bryson DeChambeau. But, he ended up with a very creditable eighth-placed finish at that The Northern Trust. His long game also looked really strong at the New Jersey course last week.
The Canadian ranked sixth in Stokes Gained Off The Tee and fourth in Stokes Gained On Approach there, which was an impressive showing. The Caves Valley course looks like a being a ball striking test and Conners usually excels in this sort of set-up. A solid week on the greens should see him go well at a really intriguing price.
- Swing by Paddy Power News for all your Golf betting tips and previews
- Ryder Cup 2021: When is it? Where is it being held? Who are the favourites?
- Golf Dead Heats: Paddy’s pay-out rules explained in full
- Paddy Power punter lives the American dream as acca returns almost £6k from £1 stake
- Man City make £150m bid for cardboard cut-out of Michail Antonio
- Breaking News: Arsenal give it to Big Sam ‘til end of season
- Pablo Mari trying to defend Lukaku will appear on You’ve Been Framed