Ben Coley from Sporting Life has popped in to deliver his one big golf tip for 2021 and it’s good news for Danny Willett who’s been selected up to triumph at the Open Championship.
Take it away, Ben…
I wouldn’t say Paddy Power are taking a big chance in offering a big price on an inconsistent player like DANNY WILLETT to win the 2021 Open Championship, but it won’t take much in the way of form to see him go off shorter once we hear more about how he won the English Amateur Championship here at Sandwich once upon a time.
Willett has a strong Open record, too, with top-six finishes in 2015 and 2019, and I was interested to hear Robert Rock talk up how well he’s swinging it at the end of 2020 where there were flashes of promise in Dubai.
There’s no doubt his volatile form adds risk here but the fact he’s hosting the British Masters in May guarantees him media coverage, and I don’t think it’s going to take much for his odds to tumble much closer to the off.
We know he’s good enough to win majors after his heroics at Augusta in 2016, and since then he’s saved his best for Rolex Series events in Dubai and England. That big-time ability is worthy of respect and nobody should be surprised if he does add another major championship to what’s a classy CV.
If and when it does come my money would be on the Open, and he’s worth a speculative bet.
Ben Coley’s top golf tip for 2021: Danny Willett to win The Open
- Odds quoted on the above widget are subject to Antepost rules which means that if the selection does not enter the competition you will lose your stake.
- Welcome to The Green Room: Paddy Power and Ivan Yates team up to take over your telly
- Paddy’s Hall Of Fame: Posh punter turns £1 into £16k thanks to Super Sunday
- Say hello to Paddy’s Bet Builder – here’s all you need to know about placing an acca on a single game
- Christmas has come early – Paddy’s updating the app – again!