* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Going into the last couple of games, people were talking about Dublin finding some form. These two sides met in the final last year and Mayo will still be hurt.
Mayo are obviously missing Cillian O’Connor, their marquee forward, who is a huge loss for them. At the same time, there’s a lot of speed in this Mayo team. They showed their spirit against Galway when they were down by five points and came back and they’ll have no fear heading into the Dublin game. The three point handicap will be a big market to watch at the weekend. But, I’m not quite sure The Dubs can beat it, so I’m going to tip them to win by 1-3 points instead.
When you look at Dublin’s last game against Kildare, Con O’Callaghan had a quiet game and so did Brian Fenton. At the start of the season, The Dubs will have looked at when they wanted to peak late, and their target would been the All-Ireland semi-final and final.
Their subs aren’t as good as they used to be, but they’re plodding along and winning games and that’s all you can ask for. It’s a mouthwatering game because it seems to have taken on a life of its own.
Mayo have nothing to lose coming into it and they will not fear Dublin. They’ll be desperate to get to the final, especially without O’Connor.
Dublin, meanwhile, will want to drive on and prove the doubters wrong who feel they aren’t as good as they used to be. That will have hurt the group and I fancy Dublin to get the job done and win.
This is probably Mayo’s best chance of beating Dublin and it could be an open game with both teams taking the shackles off. Either way, I see Dublin reaching the final against either Kerry or Tyrone.
- Throw yourself into GAA betting previews over at Paddy Power News
- Football tips: Phil Thompson’s 9 outright bets for the 2021/22 Premier League
- Football tips: The 5 best WhatOddsPaddy punts for the 2021/22 Premier League season
- Football tips: Our 33/1 Premier League relegation treble for the new season
- Football tips: Premier League top four best bets for new season – including 11/1 punt