* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
The Division 1 North section of the National League is a bit dull in my book because the four teams in it – Armagh, Donegal, Monaghan and Tyrone – pretty much all meet every year in the Ulster Championship, and they would probably prefer to be away from each other in this competition. But, these local derbies do tend to be tight affairs.
Donegal come into this off the back of a good win away to Tyrone last week, while Monaghan were disappointingly beaten by Armagh in Enniskillen. Everything points to a win for the home county in this one, but the odds on offer for that aren’t appealing to me. So, I’m looking elsewhere for a bit of value, and the Alternate Handicap of Donegal (-3) is what I’m going to tip for Saturday’s clash.
There is no love lost between Armagh and Tyrone, so we could have cards galore being handed out by the referee at the Athletic Grounds on Saturday evening. It’s such a pity fans can’t be at this one, as I’m sure we would have had a huge crowd of about 10,000 to 12,000 interested in seeing the match.
I’m expecting a rocking good game between these two. But, I’m surprised Armagh as high in the betting as they are to win the game. I actually feel they are a bit overpriced. Kieran McGeeney’s men will be confident too after beating Monaghan last weekend, and I believe they have a great shot at coming out of this tie with a home victory. I’m going to take a chance on The Orchard County to win here.
- Throw yourself into GAA betting previews over at Paddy Power News
- GAA tips: Have a cut at John Mullane’s 5/2 double for Saturday’s matches
- Rejoice! Paddy Power’s Republic of Ireland shops are open again
- Customise your sports menu with the latest Paddy Power app update