*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
An incredible Formula 1 season is set to reach a thrilling climax as Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton’s title battle goes down to the wire.
NEW TO PADDY POWER?
The Red Bull driver holds an eight-point lead over his Mercedes rival heading into the last two Grands Prix of the 2021 campaign and can clinch the Drivers’ Championship at the next race in Saudi Arabia.
Hamilton is the favourite with Paddy Power, however, after getting the better of Verstappen in Brazil and Qatar, and we make the Brit the odds-on favourite to win the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.
We’ve taken a look at the permutations for Red Bull’s main man Verstappen to clinch his maiden title…
Max Verstappen will win the Drivers’ Championship if…
- He is first the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix with the fastest lap and Hamilton finishes 6th or lower
- He is first the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix and Hamilton finishes 7th or lower
- He is second in the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix with the fastest lap and Hamilton finishes 10th or lower
- He is second in the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix and Hamilton doesn’t score a point
The Constructors’ Championship is highly likely to go down to the final race as Mercedes hold a slender five-point lead over Red Bull.
A maximum of 44 points are available to a single constructor in a race weekend so Mercedes can only guarantee the team title with a race to spare by scoring 40 more points than their rivals in the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.
Mercedes are the favourites with Paddy Power to win the Constructors’ Championship, although Red Bull have managed to score more points in three of the last four races.
- Next Everton Manager Odds: Who could replace Rafa Benitez at Goodison Park?
- Next Manchester United Manager Odds: Who will succeed Ralf Rangnick?
- Need team news to complete your Bet Builder? Well, now Paddy’s got you covered