* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Saturday 20:00: Italy v Austria
Wembley Stadium, London
BBC One/ RTE
In the group stages, Netherlands beat Austria fairly easily in Group C and Italy are a far superior team to Holland. I can’t see Italy having too many problems in this one, especially with Austria potentially being without two of their best players in Christoph Baumgartner and Konrad Laimer.
Austria won two of their three group games, beating North Macedonia and Ukraine. They’ve impressed in spells but they weren’t at it against Netherlands.
Italy are stronger with Marco Verratti back in the starting XI. The PSG man returned in their 1-0 win against Wales in their final group stage game. Roberto Mancini made plenty of changes as Italy were already through but he will return to his strongest XI against Austria. The likes of Lorenzo Insigne, Ciro Immobile, Manuel Locatelli and Leonardo Spinazzola will all be back.
Italy have been the most impressive team in the group stages at Euro 2020, winning all three games comfortably. I wouldn’t back Italy to win outright against Austria but it’s worth checking out the handicap betting with Italy to Win by Two or More Goals (-1).
MORE ITALY v AUSTRIA TIPS
MORE EURO 2020 TIPS
- Kick off the knockout stage in style with this 27/1 Wales v Denmark Bet Builder
- Paul Ince’s best bets and NAP for Wales v Denmark
- Andy Robson’s cheat sheet can help you crunch the numbers for your Bet Builder
- Paddy trader’s best bets & 14/1 flutter for Wales v Denmark
- Football tips: Our 4 ace outright plays as Euro 2020 heads for the knockout phase
- Paddy puts first €10,000 from #SaveOurGame into Irish football
- Euro 2020: England’s route to this summer’s European Championship final
- Ally McCoist invades Carlisle after Scotland Euro exit