* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It’s yet another away day in Group F for World champions France, as they travel to the Ferenc Puskás Stadium in Budapest for their second Euros game at 2pm on Saturday. You can’t say the fixture list has been kind to Didier Deschamp’s men, as they’ve already had to play Germany in their own backyard as well.
But, France emerged from that encounter with the Germans with all three points and they know if they can pull that off again in the Hungarian capital, they will be on easy street in the so-called “Group Of Death”.
Saturday 14:00 – Hungary v France
BBC One / RTÉ Two
It was a case of so-near, but oh so far for Hungary in their opening contest as the first capacity crowd at the tournament roared them on against Portugal. They managed to hold on for 84 long minutes before finally being opened up by the tournament’s defending champions and they succumbed to a 3-0 defeat, as Cristiano Ronaldo grabbed a late brace.
But, how will they get on when France come to town? We got Andy Robson’s data-loaded cheat sheet to help us point you in the right direction.
The world champions France know that a win here will secure their progression to the Last 16 of the European Championships and we’re expecting them to dominate this match. We reckon the game will see near enough 90 minutes of France attacking a stern Hungarian defence, which will result in a big corner count for the visitors.
This is the perfect game for the PSG star to kick start his quest for the Golden Boot. Mbappe has scored 27 goals in 31 league appearances this season and has scored 13 in his last 13 for club and country. His pace is frightening, as Mats Hummels found out last week, and we can’t see Hungary keeping him quiet for long on Saturday.
He isn’t on the cheat sheet as he didn’t play in any of the competitions from which this data is collected from, however his shooting stats for Real Madrid are impressive. Benzema averaged 1.55 shots on target per match over the last La Liga season and was unlucky not to score against Germany. He will get plenty of chances here, so expect him to trouble the keeper at least twice.
Hungary looked determined and solid for much of their game against Portugal but fell apart after conceding the first. France are a level above the Portuguese, and we can’t see past a comfortable win for Les Bleus. The French won’t take their foot off the gas either, as they know goal difference could be decisive to their league position. It could well be a long afternoon for Hungary.
NOT SURE WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT? CLICK HERE TO LEARN ALL ABOUT WHAT A BET BUILDER IS
BET BUILDER ACCA INSURANCE
If one leg of your 4+ fold Bet Builder lets you down, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Bet Builder Acca Insurance per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Check out our complete team-by-team guides for the two teams below:
- Hungary Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
- France Euro 2020 squad guide: Paddy’s predictions, tips, odds and best bet for the tournament
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Bag a free bet every time your Golden Boot selection hits the target at Euro 2020
- Our 11/1 Euro 2020 Saturday treble featuring France, Germany & Spain
- Emmanuel Petit’s 4 Hungary v France punts for Saturday
- Our 58/1 Bet Builder for Saturday’s Portugal v Germany blockbuster clash
- Emmanuel Petit’s 2 picks for Portugal v Germany
- A 9/2 Bet Builder using Andy Robson’s Portugal v Germany cheat sheet
- Paddy trader’s tidy plays for Spain v Poland on Saturday
- Our 10/1 Bet Builder for Spain v Poland using Andy Robson’s cheat sheet