The Champions League continues on Tuesday with the second round of group stage matches, and both Liverpool and Manchester City are looking to build on opening day wins.
The Premier League pair are odds-on to pick up three points against FC Midtjylland and Marseille respectively, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t value to be had including them in a double.
Check out Paddy Power trader Brian McDonnell’s top tips in the video below.
Liverpool at home to Midtjylland are around 1/10 at the moment so not something I would be too keen to back by itself but there is value to be had in the Win to Nil market and for them to keep a clean sheet. They are obviously missing Virgil van Dijk but Fabinho has come into defence in the last couple of games and has looked very comfortable there.
They’re playing a Midtjylland team who lost 4-0 at home to Atalanta last week. That was their first Champions League game in their history, and they will have been disappointed not to have scored. They don’t have any world-class strikers or finishes so I don’t think it’s going to be any easier for them at Anfield tonight.
I’m going to go down the same road and go with Manchester City to Win to Nil. They’ve been inconsistent this season with one clean sheet in their last nine games but they’ve been a bit unfortunate as well.
Last week they conceded against Porto in the Champions League after a great finish from Luis Diaz while Michail Antonio pulled off a great overhead kick for West Ham at the weekend. Other than those chances, they didn’t really give up too much so I think they’ve been unlucky. I think they can win this, and I think they can Win to Nil.
*All prices correct at time of first publishing but may change. They’ll always be bang up to date on our snazzy widgets, though
Champions League tips
- Both these bets in a Paddy Power double would give odds of around 4/1.
- Man City shutout looks safe shout in Tuesday trip to Marseille
- Liverpool to have whole Jota fun against Midtjylland with this 6/1 Same Game Multi
- Goals galore across Europe can land our Tuesday BTTS acca
- John Terry turns up at Chelsea training in full-kit after Cech return
- Just hit the target! How we settle shots-on-goal bets
- Man convinced thing he hasn’t bothered to read will be the death of football