Wales To Win 2-1
Gareth Bale to Score Anytime
Paddy Power ambassador Phil Thompson is confident of Wales having a good World Cup but they face a tough test to kick things off against USA. It has the potential to be a proxy knockout game with England expected to top the group so it’s massive for both sides involved.
The good news for Wales fans is that Thommo’s throwing his weight behind The Dragons and he’s been in fine fettle on the flutter front domestically so far this season. Will is translate onto the international stage? Let’s find out.
Monday 7pm: USA v Wales
TV: ITV and S4C
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE TWO TEAMS?
I’m expecting England to top this group and I’m expecting Wales to come second. This is one of those games that Wales will look at and they’ll think, ‘USA have got a decent side’. But looking at Wales, they’ll have great backing, they will be up for it.
I do expect Both Teams To Score in this, I really do. I don’t think either of them are great defensively but I think Wales will just about win this 2-1.
I expect Gareth Bale to play at least an hour. He’s not played many games out there in the States and you know with these things, because he’s playing out there, he’s going to be up for it. I would imagine that Gareth Bale will Score Anytime.
All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
NEW TO PADDY POWER NEWS?
WORLD CUP TIPS TODAY
- Lawro’s World Cup predictions for Monday’s 3 games
TUESDAY WORLD CUP BETTING TIPS
- ALL-DAY: Check out Mark Lawrenson’s World Cup predictions for all 4 Tuesday matches
- 10AM: Martinez the man in our 8/1 Argentina v Saudi Arabia Bet Builder tips
- 1PM: Eriksen the ace in our Denmark v Tunisia World Cup tips
- 4PM: Lewandowski backed to score in our Poland v Mexico betting tips
- 7PM: PHIL THOMPSON: My 4/1 France v Australia Bet Builder tips