Thommo’s Turbo Treble:
- Tottenham to win at home to Southampton
- Newcastle to win at home to Nottingham Forest
- Leeds to win at home to Wolves
I thought I had nailed this last week so we need a little price boost from Paddy. We’ve got four games to choose from on opening Saturday, and my treble is going to be Tottenham to beat Southampton, Newcastle to beat Nottingham Forest and it’s going to be Leeds to beat Wolves.
Spurs, I think, have been fantastic the transfer market. I think they’ve identified the positions that they needed to sort and I think they’ve done it very, very well. Antonio Conte’s been very special.
NEW TO PADDY POWER NEWS?
Why Newcastle to beat Forest with all the signings that Forest have made? That is the reason why. I think, from my experience, it’s too many. It might need time to bed in and they might get better as the season goes on but trying to bed 10, 12 players into your team crates problems.
Newcastle had a great end of the season, absolutely excellent, they could do with some more signings but that is the reason why I’m going for Newcastle. Leeds, similar thing, they’ve made good signings and I don’t think Wolves have signed enough.
With Raul Jimenez being injured, that gives them a massive problem up front. So that is why I’m going for Leeds to beat Wolves on home soil.
Three home sides, Spurs, Newcastle and Leeds, I think that’s a good treble.
- Crouchy’s Shouts: Salah to lead Liverpool past Fulham on Saturday
- Premier League Predictions: Mark Lawrenson challenges Paddy in our new tipping competition
- Football Tips: Thommo’s best Premier League bets for this weekend’s TV games
- Football Betting: Introducing our Premier League stats packs for all your Bet Builder needs!
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change