*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Paddy Power ambassador Phil Thompson is chomping at the bit for more Premir League action this weekend. And what better way to set the tone than to rummage through the form books and pick out some juicy value-packed bets.
WELCOME TO PADDY POWER NEWS
Liverpool are on cloud nine right now, reeling off six Premier League wins on the spin and collecting their first domestic cup for 10 years with victory in the League Cup final on Sunday. West Ham, on the other hand, are struggling for consistency in the league and were dumped out of the FA Cup by Southampton in midweek. Thommo gives us his verdict and he can only see it going one way…
TV: Sky Sports Main Event
THOMMO: West Ham disappointed in the FA Cup last time out. Questions were being asked about whether they’re running out of steam, about David Moyes picking the same players all time and they’re finding that very difficult going into March.
Liverpool have won their last 11 in all competitions if you include the League Cup final, scoring 27 goals. They’ve won their last six at home in all competitions and they’re unbeaten in their last 27 at Anfield. So, it’s sort of going Liverpool’s way.
With West Ham, I’ve always admired what David Moyes has done but it just looks a little flakey at the moment. They beat Wolves last Saturday but it was just their second win in six league games and they’ve won just two in eight. So it has been difficult and going out of the cup will damage their confidence.
I’m going with 2-0 and I think Mo Salah will score. I know he’ll probably be on everyone’s score sheets but he has scored nine in nine games against West Ham. It is a lucky team for him.
* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
SATURDAY FOOTBALL TIPS
- Liverpool v West Ham Bet Builder tips: Our 4 selections combine at 23/1
- TRADER TIPS: Emmet O’Keeffe reveals his Premier League betting tips
- Football Accumalator Tips Today: Our Saturday night four-fold comes to 36/1
SUNDAY FOOTBALL TIPS
- 6/1 shout tops Phil Thompson’s Arsenal v Watford tips
- TRADER TIPS: Our top number-cruncher picks his Manchester Derby betting tips
- Phil Thompson’s 4 Man City v Man Utd tips