Newcastle fans continue to celebrate the departure of a massive mug from the home of the magpies this afternoon, ahead of their clash against Spurs.
This morning we unveiled a four-meter-high mug outside St James’ Park and, having done a tour of the city in the meantime, the farewell gift to the club’s ex-owner Mike Ashley is currently brewing outside the bookmaker’s Clayton Street store.
Whilst there, fans got the opportunity to trade in their unwanted Sports Direct mugs in return for a regular-sized replica of the ‘Goodbye Mug’.
It’s the end of an era at St James’ Park, so we wanted to find the perfect way to say goodbye to Mike Ashley. He’s famous for flogging giant mugs, so this seemed like a fitting way to celebrate with Magpies fans.
Everyone involved with the club seems to be enjoying themselves today, with the only possible exception being Steve Bruce.
As part of the celebrations, from midday today (October 17th), Paddy Power boosted their odds from 25/1 to 50/1 for Newcastle to win the Premier League before the end of the 2023/24 season.
- Breaking: Steve Bruce confirmed as Newcastle caretaker manager for Spurs game
- Breaking: Lionel Messi bids tearful goodbye to PSG ahead of Newcastle move
- Revealed: 89% of Man City fans already shopping for Newcastle shirts
- Mbappe’s mum reveals he’s an Ant & Dec superfan after Newcastle takeover
- Kevin Keegan & Honey Monster to make Newcastle return after takeover