* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
It is hard to have confidence in a team that hasn’t won a competitive match since beating Bulgaria 3-1 in 2019. Yes, it’s been that long folks! However, Ireland’s performances under embattled boss Stephen Kenny have been better than results indicate and hopefully , the former Dundalk manager’s luck will change on Saturday.
Saturday 5pm: Azerbaijan v Ireland
RTÉ 2 / Sky Sports Football
His side dominated Azerbaijan in the reverse fixture at the Aviva Stadium last month and should have more potency in attack with West Brom’s Callum Robinson likely to come in for Troy Parrott. Ireland should have the majority of possession on Saturday and with a bit more precision (and better finishing), that will hopefully lead to a much-delayed win. Let face it, Kenny desperately needs it too.
Despite Kenny’s attempts to turn Ireland into a more cultured outfit, they still carry a huge threat from set-pieces. John Egan scored against Portugal and had a shot on target against Azerbaijan during the last international window. The Sheffield United centre back looks a fair price to find the target here too.
Despite some mixed recent form for club and country, Aaron Connolly is a player who always seems gets chances in a green shirt. Here’s hoping the Brighton man finally finishes one on Saturday, to jump start his international career.
Anyone who has watched James McClean play regularly knows why this is a viable bet! He is now even more like to get in the referee’s bad books now that he’s operating in a defensive wing-back role under the current Ireland regime.
* A Bet Builder on these four best bets pays at approximately 37/1 with Paddy Power. CLICK HERE TO ADD IT TO YOUR BETSLIP.
NOT SURE WHAT WE’RE TALKING ABOUT? CLICK HERE TO LEARN ALL ABOUT WHAT A BET BUILDER IS
BET BUILDER ACCA INSURANCE
If one leg of your 4+ fold Bet Builder lets you down, you get up to £/€10 back as a free bet. Customers can qualify for 1 Bet Builder Acca Insurance per day up to £/€10. The free bets will be credited by 12pm the following day.
More football tips today
- CAWLEY’S CALL: Alan’s 3 bold best bets for Azerbaijan v Ireland on Saturday
- BET BUILDER: Sterling to shine in this 26/1 Andorra v England play
- EFL FIVE-FOLD: Fire home this 24/1 BTTS acca for Saturday’s 3pm EFL matches
- PHIL THOMPSON: Thommo’s Andorra v England best bets include a 6/1 shout
- Next Newcastle manager odds: Who could replace Steve Bruce after Saudi takeover?
- Mbappe’s mum reveals he’s an Ant & Dec superfan after Newcastle takeover
- Kane excited to link up with ‘real mates’ Grealish, Foden, Stones & Sterling