* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
Between the European Championships, Copa America and the Olympics we have enjoyed an absolute feast of top-level football this summer and it has certainly bridged the gap, as yet again we stand on the brink of a new Premier League season. As always at this time of year, optimism is at its highest and loads of questions fill the air.
Can Man City retain their crown? Can Liverpool recover from last season’s stumble or are Chelsea finally primed to re-enter the title picture? Who will be the top scorer? Who will claim a much-coveted spot in the top four? Which clubs are set for the drop? And, will Jack Grealish finally get that Gillette sponsorship deal for his calves that he’s always wanted?
While they probably can’t answer the last question, we’ve gathered a brain trust of our ever-knowledgeable football traders to offer their predictions at the dawn of the new season for you. We’ve turned to Rob Jones, Emmet O’Keeffe, Jonathan Smith and William Fenwick for their views and it’s fair to say they’ve been N’Golo Kanté-like in tackling all the markets you need to know about.
The majority of our team are favouring Chelsea to win their title since the 2016/17 campaign, with defending champs City the only other side given the nod.
Meanwhile, a couple of our boffins fancy Patrick Bamford of Leeds United as a sneaky shout to lead the Premier League’s goalscoring charts, as a good-value alternative to hot favourite Harry Kane.
At the bottom of the pile it’s not looking good for Watford or Crystal Palace, with both set for the drop according to our traders.
We’ve packed all the information you need from our traders tighter than Pep Guardiola’s skinny jeans into one handy (and downloadable) cheat sheet guide! Check it out below and share some decent tips in your WhatsApp groups for a change.
MORE TOP TIPS FOR THE NEW SEASON
- Football tips: Phil Thompson’s 9 outright bets for the 2021/22 Premier League
- Football tips: The 5 best WhatOddsPaddy punts for the 2021/22 Premier League season
- Football tips: Our 33/1 Premier League relegation treble for the new season
- Football tips: Premier League top four best bets for new season – including 11/1 punt
- Football tips: Who to back – and avoid – to win the Premier League
- Football tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the Premier League top goalscorer