* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Paddy’s football ambassador Phil Thompson has made our 26-man squad for Euro 2020 and he’s lining up his first barrage of bets for the opening fixtures of the tournament. The former Liverpool and England defender has picked three premium punts for your perusal on Saturday.
First up it’s Wales against Switzerland in a game that Robert Page’s posse really must get something out of if they’re to make it to the knockout stages. At 5pm Denmark take on Finland in Copenhagen before Belgium and Russia round off Saturday’s action at 8pm. But who’s Thommo backing to triumph?
It’s must win for Wales and that’s why I do fancy them. You look at this and Wales need to get off to a great start. It is going to be a decent price, I would imagine, but because it’s the first game I just fancy them to Win against Switzerland, for me, but very, very tight.
I have to go for Belgium against Russia because they’re my tips to win the tournament. Romelu Lukaku’s on fire and they’ve got a good team. Russia are no mugs, I do feel we’ll see Both Teams Score, but I’ve got to stick with my outright winners, Belgium to win this one.
My Saturday treble is Belgium to get past Russia, Denmark to beat Finland, I really fancy them, they’ve only been beaten twice in 26 games. And, to boost it, we’ve got Wales to beat Switzerland. They’ll be a decent price and hopefully give you some cash to spend.
Thommo’s Saturday treble
READ MORE ON EURO 2020
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be group winners
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the tournament’s top goalscorer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be Young Player of the Tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – at this summer’s tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: High or low? Here’s where your goalscoring bets should go