*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change
Ben White could be handed a shock start in England’s Euro opener against Croatia, according to Paddy’s traders.
Gareth Southgate has drafted the Brighton defender into his 26-man squad as a replacement for Trent Alexander-Arnold after the Liverpool ace suffered a thigh injury in last week’s friendly against Austria.
With Harry Maguire an injury doubt for the Croatia clash, there could be a place in the XI up for grabs.
Maguire (21/10) has been sidelined for a few weeks with damaged ankle ligaments and only resumed light training over the weekend.
If Slab Head is unavailable, Southgate has three alternatives at centre-back in his squad – and Paddy’s traders think it’ll be a tough decision for the England gaffer.
Tyrone Mings (11/10) has been a regular at the back under Southgate but the Aston Villa ace had a few nervy moments in the warm-up friendlies.
White (5/4) caught the eye on his maiden start for the Three Lions in Sunday’s win over Romania and the fine performance probably went some way to earning his place in the squad.
Wolves’ Conor Coady (6/4) is the outsider to get the nod against Croatia and add to his five caps.
TO START FOR ENGLAND V CROATIA – DEFENDERS
READ MORE ON EURO 2021
- Channel your inner Gareth Southgate and win cash!
- Paddy’s top goalscorer betting offer gives you plenty of bang for your buck
- The 11 cities and stadiums hosting Euro 2021 fixtures
- Euro 2021 fixtures, dates and group details
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – at this summer’s tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the top goalscorer