* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
I would like to see Mason Mount playing the way he has for Chelsea this season – the same behaviour, confidence and quality – at the European Championships with England.
He must play it simple. I enjoyed the way he played against Manchester City in the Champions League final, and his pass for Kai Havertz’s goal was really magnificent.
Mason is a top player with his timing, the way he passes the ball, his technique and vision.
He has the right personality too, and the quality to produce plenty for the Three Lions – just like Phil Foden. I’m expecting a lot from them and from Jack Grealish. They’re still young and short of experience, but there are so many things about them that excite me a lot.
I want them to enjoy their football, to see a smile on their faces all the time. The opportunity to play in a big tournament for your country is so rare. You don’t get many chances to prove who you are on the pitch – this is a big opportunity for them.
Reece James has everything to be a major player for England
Reece James really impressed me with his Champions League final performance against Manchester City. He controlled Raheem Sterling well and, with the ball, was a big support to players on his wing. He was clearly ready physically and mentally for the final, and finishing a very good season with a great performance like that says a lot for his attitude.
He has the desire to try to be a better player in every single game and to become one of the biggest players for Chelsea, and maybe for the Three Lions too.
James will have to be very competitive because Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier are very good players. England just have so many options in this right back position!
- Emmanuel Petit: N’Golo Kante is the heart and soul of the France team
- Emmanuel Petit: Alexander-Arnold absence not major blow for England
- Emmanuel Petit Exclusive: Wilfried Zaha would be perfect for Arsenal in crucial summer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be group winners
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be the tournament’s top goalscorer
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – to be Young Player of the Tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: Who to back – and avoid – at this summer’s tournament
- Euro 2021 tips: High or low? Here’s where your goalscoring bets should go