I would say when ‘project restart’ happened last season, Liverpool haven’t been great since then. The Reds already had the league won. People talk about injuries, but even with Virgil van Dijk, Liverpool didn’t look good – they conceded seven goals at Aston Villa!
There’s been problems brewing for months. People were saying we were great and rosy back then, but the league was won and it didn’t feel or seem the same as it was.
The defeats particularly at home, are down to having no fans at Anfield.
Teams feel a lot more comfortable playing against Liverpool because the opposition aren’t intimidated by the fans. I’d admit that the Kop and Anfield generally intimidates opposition players, fans and even officials.
Players are turning up there with their chests puffed out, like Raheem Sterling, who previously seemed terrified to be there.
- Check out all the latest Football tips and previews now
- Phil Thompson: Liverpool are in crisis and I didn’t like Salah’s reaction
There isn’t another Klopp out there for Liverpool
Klopp’s future hasn’t even crossed my mind – I’d like to think he’s not under threat. There will be people out there saying he’s taken the club as far as he can, but I’m not one of them.
Where would Liverpool find another Klopp right now? Nowhere.
There isn’t one out there. But I have said, as with Pep Guardiola, these managers are so intense nowadays that in two years’ time Klopp will move on.
- Football tips: Tackle our 3 best bets for Liverpool v Fulham on Sunday
- Football tips: Paddy’s trader previews Saturday’s games with 3 best bets
- Saturday Betting tips: PPTV’s 13/1 accumulator with picks from Meydan, Kelso and Villa Park