Mason Mount changes name to ‘Manfred Mountz’ ahead of Tuchel arrival ​

Guten tag Herr Tuchel

Comments

Mason Mount has changed his name by deed poll to ‘Manfred Mountz’ as he awaits the arrival of Chelsea’s incoming new German coach Thomas Tuchel.

England ace Mount was spotted outside the UK Deed Poll Office yesterday after paying 35 quid for a ‘more Germanic sounding name’.

Soon after, the 22-year-old shared a photo of himself in Lederhosen with his 1.5 million Instagram followers along with the caption:

‘Willkommen Thomas. Liebe, Manfred’.

Paddy Power News understands ‘Mountz’ is fearful one of Chelsea’s former Bundesliga stars Werner, Pulisic or Havertz, could usurp him for the role of ‘Lehrer’s Liebling’ (teacher’s pet).

And so the former Derby County loanee is reportedly pulling out all the stops to ensure he’s in Tuchel’s good books.

‘Mountzy pulled up for training this morning in a Volkswagen Beetle with David Hasselhoff’s ‘Looking for Freedom’ blasting out of the sound system’, a club source told Paddy Power News.

‘He’s come into the changing rooms speaking with a thick Bavarian accent and asked the guys to call him either Manny or Mountzy from now on.

However, the source also revealed Mount may not yet have fully grasped the German language after the midfielder shouted out some unusual phrases during the session.

‘When Mountzy wanted the ball he was pointing into space and screaming things like ‘vorsprung durch technik’ and ‘Kraftwerk’.

Meanwhile, Greenpeace have threatened legal action against Chelsea accusing the Stamford Bridge outfit of wasting valuable resources.

‘How many trees must be cut down for the sake of meaningless Chelsea manager’s contracts?’, asked a spokesperson for the environmental group.

Frank Lampard 1

‘Frank Lampard’s manager contract at Chelsea was an even bigger waste of paper than Donald Trump’s election victory speech’.

In other news, a poll suggests that 55% of Chelsea fans support the club’s decision to sack Lampard while the remaining 45% haven’t been this upset since they were Blackburn fans.

Read More

Get the latest Premier League odds on PaddyPower.com

THE PADDY POWER GUIDE TO RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING – EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

What do you think?