* All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widgets, while odds in copy are accurate at time of publishing but subject to change.
We have stopped taking bets on Eddie Howe to be the next Celtic manager – after his price dipped as low as 1/10 to succeed Neil Lennon. It’s the only remaining association between a Celtic boss and the number ten.
It comes in the aftermath of Lennon insisting that he wouldn’t resign from Celtic Park, despite trailing arch-rivals Rangers by 20 points in the Scottish Premiership. Celtic are also yet to win in 2021 and have only secured 3 points from a possible 12 in their last four league games, one of which was another Old Firm defeat at the hands of Steven Gerrard’s men.
- Check out all the latest Football tips and previews now
How’s your luck Neil? You go on the record saying you’re going nowhere, and within hours your club’s lined up a younger, better looking model. The Celtic board brought Neil Lennon back to the club to be a kind of steady Eddie – now it looks like they’ve gone for the real deal instead.
Howe has managed Bournemouth and Burnley in his career to date, but it was his stint in charge of The Cherries that brought him to prominence. He took Bournemouth from League 2 to the Premier League in the space of six seasons and kept them their until last term, when relegation ended his long love affair with the club.
- Football tips: Ace Aubameyang can help score our 4 Southampton v Arsenal punts
- Next Arsenal manager odds: Latest potential replacements with Arteta still under pressure
- Niall Quinn: My GAA return was tense – ‘P*ss off, you pr*ck. You wouldn’t take a penalty against Spain’