What a year it’s been for Liverpool and of course, the 30 year wait is over. An absolutely fantastic season.
I know Liverpool have so many stand-out names in Jurgen Klopp’s team but Jordan Henderson is my player of the year.
Virgil van Dijk and Alisson have of course been important but I just think the year that Jordan had in driving the team forward was key.
I mean, he might not be a Kevin De Bruyne but I think as a captain and a leader, he’s shown his true colours.
PREMIER LEAGUE PREDICTIONS: Infogol’s unique stats reveal how this season will end
It was difficult for Jordan at times after Stevie left but he’s grown into the role. He doesn’t claim to be Steven Gerrard, but in his own way he’s similar.
He wants excellence out of everybody and he demands it every week.
That’s why Jordan is my player of the year. I thought he had an absolutely wonderful time. And he’s doing the same this season. He’s had a really, really good early part of the season.
I’m backing Liverpool to win it again
Liverpool have had a fairly decent start to the season and I think they will retain their title. We’ve had some decent big games away from home so the turn of the year should be looking good.
Of course, we’ve got the big one in January against Manchester United at Anfield which will be exciting. We need to keep our focus and I think that’ll be the main message from Jurgen.
You have to take each match at a time because it’s going to be a strange season. I think it’ll take a couple more months before we see all clubs on the same wavelength.
- There are plenty more festive football tips on Paddy Power News
- Mick McCarthy: We’d run through brick walls for Jack Charlton – we all loved him
- Welcome to The Green Room: Paddy Power and Ivan Yates team up to take over your telly
- Pundits New Episode: Global Superstar Deliver Christmas Message to Le Tiss
- Paddy Power’s Christmas advert is here: Check out the Pundits’ latest misadventure
- Mick McCarthy: Toto Schillaci annoyed me, the little bo**ocks