There have been some shoots of recovery for Celtic as they cling on to their bid for an unprecedented 10th league title in-a-row. It has been a season to forget for Neil Lennon’s side, but they have performed a little better in their last two league games and did manage to lift the Scottish Cup last weekend, even if their performance failed to inspire.
Hamilton v Celtic, Boxing Day: 3pm
Sky Sports Football
Celtic simply have to win their next two games against Hamilton and Dundee United before their trip to Ibrox and they really should have no problems swatting Hamilton aside on Boxing Day. Hamilton have won just two of their last seven league games and are easily one of the worst teams in the league. Rangers and Hibs have both demolished them 8-0 and 4-0 respectively in recent weeks and Celtic simply have to do likewise.
Griffiths sent a message to Neil Lennon on Wednesday night by scoring against Ross County after the Celtic manager publicly questioned his fitness. The striker has now scored in back-to-back games for Celtic for the first time since January and should earn some playing time on Boxing day having sent a positive message to his manager.
Celtic have struggled more than ever to score goals this season and could really do with someone of Griffths’ experience guiding them through the Christmas season before their huge meeting with Rangers in January.
MORE TOP TIPS
- PHIL THOMPSON: My 9/2 Man Utd, Chelsea & Man City Boxing Day treble
- SUNDAY’S BIG ACCA: Our 20/1 bet for all FOUR Premier League games
- BOXING DAY SPECIAL BET: Our 17/2 treble from the Premier League, King George & NFL
Celtic have not exactly been watertight at the back this season, but they have looked somewhat better in their two most recent league games. The nine-in-a-row champions have kept back-to-back league clean sheets for the first time since October and looked far more assured defensively than they have done in a long time.
They are still a long way off their best, but they will hope that they can keep a third successive shutout for only the second time this season when they take on the second-worst side in the league, according to the league table.
Hamilton wilted against both Rangers and Hibs – who sit either side of Celtic in the league table – and barely registered a shot in anger. It would be a bad look for Celtic if they conspire to concede against them on Boxing Day.
*All prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget, while in-copy odds are accurate at time of publication but subject to change
Hamilton v Celtic tips
BOXING DAY BEST BETS
- Goals galore expected as Leicester host Man Utd in Boxing Day opener
- Goal machine Tavernier to help Rangers beat Hibs
- EFL acca: Our 10/1 four-fold for Boxing Day’s big fixture list
- Premier League double: Our 14/1 bet for two 3pm kick-offs
- Chelsea to pile more misery on Arsenal in this 9/1 Bet Builder
- Our 6/1 double for Boxing Day’s 8pm kick-offs
SUNDAY’S TOP TIPS
- Burnley to blunt Leeds with Chris Wood on target
- Hot-shot Haller to help West Ham leave Brighton feeling blue
- There’s festive fun for Liverpool in this 14/1 Bet Builder v West Brom
- Wolves and Tottenham set for stalemate in Sunday’s late game