All round top man and Paddy Power ambassador Phil Thompson is back to preview the weekend’s Premier League action in conjunction with the good folk at PPTV. First up on Friday night is ‘one for the purists’ as Newcastle head to Selhurst Park to take on Crystal Palace.
And, full disclosure, Thommo would rather put up his Christmas tree than tune into this one. While he doesn’t want to put himself through the ordeal of watching this game, he’s got a strong opinion about the outcome.
I don’t think I’ll be watching this one. I think the wife might find me some Christmas baubles to put up! It’s not a great game to kick off a weekend of Premier League action, not one of the great games. Sorry, Crystal Palace and Newcastle fans!
They will absolutely be watching this one, but it’s strange, isn’t it? Both of them are just below mid-table, there or thereabouts. Palace had a really good start to the season.
Friday 8pm: Crystal Palace v Newcastle
Amazon Prime Video
The amazing thing is, Palace sit where they are in 11th place and they’ve only had about, on average, 36% possession in all those games that they’ve played. But, as you can see, they’re sitting where they are.
Palace got beat last week against Burnley so this is going to be a difficult one. But being at home I do fancy them because Newcastle didn’t look very good against Chelsea. Callum Wilson for Newcastle, they’re looking for him to score goals, but he might be out injured.
THOMMO’S TIP: I can’t see anything other than a Crystal Palace win. I’m afraid to say that to the Geordies, but I’m going for the home win. I think Palace can keep a clean sheet.
They’ve been better at the back, Crystal Palace this season, and whether Wilson plays could sway it, but I’m going for 2-0 to Palace. I really do fancy Palace that that strongly.
*All odds in copy are correct at time of publication but odds are subject to change. The odds are always bang on with out snazzy betting banners.
- 3 For Glee As Brentford Host QPR In Friday’s Local Derby
- Eze Does It For Crystal Palace V Newcastle In This 24/1 SGM
Saturday’s Betting Previews
- Thommo’s Super Selections For Saturday’s Big Premier League Games
- Liverpool To Get Back To Winning Ways At Brighton With This 14/1 SGM
- Shots All Round As Man City Have To Wait For Burnley Breakthrough
- Leeds Can Klich Into Gear At Everton With These 3 Best Bets
- Paddy Trader Backing Blades To Beat The Baggies In Basement Battle
- We’re On The Hunt For Goals In Our 39/1 Euro Footy Accumulator For Saturday
- Reading & Bristol City Headline This Week’s 25/1 Championship Acca
- Tidy Timo Werner Can Help Net 27/1 Punt For Chelsea V Spurs
- Ward-Prowse To Rouse Southampton As Man Utd Head To St Mary’s
- Jimenez Can Help Score Our 3 Juicy Bets For Arsenal V Wolves