Sky Sports Football
Wycombe must surely be wondering whether they’ll ever pick up a Championship point at this stage. Their fairytale promotion in July has not been followed by a fairytale start to the season and they are already in danger of being cut adrift from safety, which already looks an unlikely prospect this year.
They have been getting closer and closer to achieving their short-term goal of putting points on the board, however, and came closest in Saturday’s heart-breaking stoppage-time defeat to Norwich. In their two previous games, they held early pace-setters Reading for over an hour and led at the break against a Millwall side with serious ambitions of making the play-offs this season.
They now face another daunting prospect against Watford, who have made an excellent start to life in the Championship following last season’s relegation from the Premier League. Like Wycombe, Watford head into this one on the back of conceding a stoppage-time goal over the weekend after they conceded late on to drop two points against fellow promotion hopefuls Bournemouth.
That goal cost the Hornets a place in the top two and they could lose further ground on leaders Reading on Tuesday because their away record has not been outstanding this season, with just one win to their name on their travels. Coming up against a Wycombe side desperate to record their first point, that record may become one win out of four.
7.45pm: Swansea vs Stoke – Draw
Sky Sports Arena
Tuesday’s other live fixture sees a clash between two clubs separated by just one goal in the league table and that could be reflected in the scoreline come 10pm. Both Swansea and Stoke have enjoyed a mixed bag so far in the Championship, with both clubs recording impressive wins and suffering disappointing defeats.
Both sides have posted nearly identical records this season; each picking up more points on their travels than at home. The two clubs have suffered their only defeat of the season on home soil but have been otherwise difficult to beat and they could cancel each other out to a degree at the Liberty Stadium.
This one could be cagey since both sides have shipped too many goals for their manager’s liking in recent weeks. Stoke have conceded four in their last two games, while Swansea, for their part, have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last four games.
Tuesday’s game could start off slowly as a result and it could lead to a stalemate between two evenly-matched sides.
* All odds correct at time of first publishing but may change. Prices are bang up to date with our snazzy widget.
Tuesday’s Championship TV tips
- A double of the above two results pays at around 7/1 with Paddy Power.
More Tuesday tips
- Man City shutout looks safe shout in Tuesday trip to Marseille
- Liverpool to have whole Jota fun against Midtjylland with this 6/1 Same Game Multi
- Goals galore across Europe can land our Tuesday BTTS acca
- Madrid the Real deal in our 14/1 Champions League Tuesday treble
- John Terry turns up at Chelsea training in full-kit after Cech return
- Just hit the target! How we settle shots-on-goal bets
- Man convinced thing he hasn’t bothered to read will be the death of football