Some heavy-hitters take to the field on Wednesday night for a round of international friendly matches with three of Europe’s best in Germany, Italy and France all in action. Germany have gone seven matches without defeat, Italy are 16 unbeaten while France are nine without defeat.
Will they all add another to their tallies? Find out what we’re predicting below.
Germany have had two tough Nations League matches against Spain and Switzerland but manager Jogi Low would surely have hoped to have chalked up three or four points from those matches. Instead they have just two. Against Turkey here he can tinker with his usual starting XI and try to improve on what’s been seen so far.
Despite not getting wins of late, Germany are now seven matches unbeaten in all competitions, and when playing at home they’ve lost just one of their 10, winning five and drawing four. Germany have a reputation of having a stalwart defence, however, Both Teams to Score occurred in seven of those 10, Over 2.5 goals landed in eight.
Tukey lost at home to Hungary and drew away to Serbia in their Nations League matches last month. They’re such an odd team, absolutely bursting with talent and potential, but they’re just one of those sides that doesn’t click internationally. Like England, the players cannot seem to get over club loyalties when they come together.
However, manager Senol Gunes did it before and he might just do it again. Since taking over last year he’s overseen 14 matches, winning nine, drawing three and losing just two. He’s won it all in Turkey’s Super Lig and steered Turkey to third place at the 2002 World Cup. They’ve scored in ten out of 13 previous away matches and Germany have been conceding goals at home. We’re getting very good odds here, so we’re going with Both Teams to Score.
7.45pm: Italy vs Moldova – Italy -3
We’re struggling to remember when an international team was priced as low to win a match as Italy are here. Roberto Mancini’s side drew with Bosnia in their opening Nations League match and beat a fancied Netherlands away from home a few days later. They face Poland away next and are likely to give a run out to some fringe players here who might just make it into the starting XI against the Poles next week.
Moldova haven’t a snowball’s proverbial here. In their Nations League matches they drew with Kosovo and lost away to Slovenia, they’ve won one of their last 15 matches, losing all eight of their most recent away matches and only scoring in one of them. Italy could really put on a show here, they recently put five past Liechtenstein and nine past Armenia, we’re going with Italy -3 on the Handicap here.
MORE TIPS: Our 12/1 acca cracker for tonight’s football
France have won both of their opening Nations League matches, beating both Sweden and Croatia, scoring five and conceding two. Ukraine were impressive in their 2-1 win over Switzerland at home but then lost 4-0 to Spain in Madrid.
The French have gone nine matches now without defeat and at home they’re an impressive 19 unbeaten. Ukraine are a decent side though, they’ve lost just one of their last 15 matches and rarely go an away match without scoring. France don’t exactly have the best Clean Sheets record at home but that strong home record should see them winning here. We’re backing France to Win & BTTS.
Wednesday’s international football treble
- All three of these pick in a Paddy Power treble will give you odds of 14/1.
- All odds are correct at the time of first publishing but are liable to change. However, all prices are bang up to date on our snazzy widgets
- Our 12/1 acca cracker for tonight’s football
- We’re backing Calvert-Lewin to shine in our 27/1 Same Game Multi for England v Wales
- 7/2 David McGoldrick can be Ireland’s hero in tricky trip to Slovakia
- Superior Scotland to sizzle as Israel head to Hampden in crunch Euro 2020 qualifier
- Northern Ireland Edin for trouble in Bosnia – our 3 best bets for Thursday’s game
- Paddy’s traders price up the most likely Deadline Day transfer deals
- DONE DEAL: Man Utd make move for long-term solution to Old Trafford issue
- Liverpool fan opens up after suffering from premature exultation
- Paddy taken for £650k after shock Liverpool and Man Utd meltdowns