Ed Woodward has reportedly put his Cheshire mansion on the market, leaving Manchester United fans hopeful he may be set to leave the club.
But bookmakers Paddy Power say they can hope all they want – as it’s rated 9/2 that he doesn’t step down before the end of 2020.
- Man United bounce back from Palace loss with world-class social media post
- Ed Woodward launches £89m transfer raid for Christian Bale
Though, perhaps in some good news for fans, it’s rated 6/1 that the club don’t make any further signings this window, despite being linked with Paulo Dybala, Jadon Sancho and Alex Telles.
There’s still some hope that a director of football may be appointed at Old Trafford though, where it’s priced at 5/2 that they hire one this year.
Spokesman Paddy Power said: “Another transfer window, another load of Manchester United transfer drama.
“And although fans might be giddy that Ed Woodward has put his house on the market, we think it’s unlikely he’s going anywhere, and rather that he’ll be sticking around for a good while longer.
“Still, good news on the new signings… Erm, maybe.”
Manchester United Special Odds
Ed Woodward to step down in his role at Manchester United this year – 9/2
Manchester United to hire a Director of Football in 2020 – 5/2
Manchester United to make no further signings this transfer window – 6/1
To see the latest transfer odds, click here
- Sprint over to all the top tips and racing previews now
- Horse Racing: How to watch racing for free with Paddy Power
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners