Russia’s league is already six matches into the season and Spartak top the league one point ahead of Zenit St Petersburg thanks to four wins and two draws. CSKA are currently in fifth position after winning three, drawing one and losing two.
Both teams have similar scoring record so far this season, CSKA have scored 10 and conceded six, Spartak have also scored six and conceded five.
CSKA have won three of the last five meetings at the Arena CSKA, Spartak have won just one. Only two have seen Over 2.5 goals landing and BTTS landed in three.
With Spartek taking an early lead in the league the home side would love nothing more than to put a halt to their early good form, they’ll be going all out to stop them here and with both in great goalscoring form, we’re backing them to hit the net here.
Last season’s second and third-placed teams face off against each other here and as a first match of the season, both teams really wouldn’t have fancied such a tough test so early.
But, that’s the luck of the draw. Besiktas hold the upper hand looking at previous matchups between the pair at the Medical Park Stadium, winning three of the last five – while the home side have won two.
Three of those have seen both Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS landing. The market is siding with the home side here largely thanks to an excellent home record. Besiktas have a very strong away record though, so that would put us off backing the home side – as well as Besiktas winning three of the last five there.
BTTS doesn’t offer much value at the current price, but this being the first match of the season we’re expecting a cagey start and we’re backing a first half stalemate.
Le Classique couldn’t come at a better time for Marseille here, PSG lost their opening Ligue 1 match against Lens and are missing Kylian Mbappé, Mauro Icardi, Angel Di Maria and their goalkeeper Keylor Navas.
The odds are still with PSG to win here, but with so many of their usual lineup missing they’re going to find it very tough with a makeshift XI against a Marseille side who only lost two away matches last season. We’re backing Marseille Double Chance here.
Valencia have won the last five out of six meetings here, and the marketa are favouring the home side.
Valencia lost just one match at home last season, while Levante only won five and lost 12. With records like that, we have to back the home side in this La Liga opener.
- An accumulator on these four best bets pays at approximately 17/1 with Paddy Power. Odds are subject to change.
* Prices on our snazzy new bet widget are bang up to date.
- All the latest football previews from across the English football and Europe are just a click away
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Football Tips: Our super Same Game Multi for Spurs v Everton on Sunday
- Football tips: Our trader’s 3 very best bets for Tottenham against Everton
- Football tips: 3 you have to see as West Brom tackle Leicester on Sunday
- Football tips: Our perfect hat-trick of best bets for Ipswich v Wigan on Sunday