Our football punters are a canny lot and they spotted a real goal bonanza coming last night in the Champions League quarter-finals.
Barcelona were thumped harder than Tyson Fury’s heavy bag by Bayern Munich as they exited the competition in embarrassing style.
If anyone finds Nelson Semedo’s self-respect after what Alphonso Davies did him to, can you please let us know so we can return it?
Not that Paddy is feeling too smart either after being smashed for over half a million quid on his #WhatOddsPaddy punts ALONE for the game!
Yeah, you would 8-2 be one of Paddy’s footie traders now, very good, you are so, sooooo very funny.
We took over 900 bets on markets ranging in price from 24/1 to 75/1, all of which won. All of them.
Just saying it feels like a punch in the gut.
I’m not going to breakdown those figures anymore for fear of triggering a ‘Nam flashback, but needless to say, we’d have saved a lot of time and money if we’d blow-torched piles and piles of cash instead of offering some of the following bets.
- Barcelona 1+ Goals in Each Half; Barcelona 2+ Corners in Each Half & Bayern Munich 1+ Cards in Each Half 25/1
- BTTS in Both Halves & Each Team 2+ Corners in Each Half 40/1
- 3+ First Half Goals & 8+ First Half Corners 45/1
- Bayern Munich to Win; BTTS; 4+ Corners for Each Team & 3+ Cards for Each Team 45/1
- 2+ Goals for Each Team; 4+ Corners for Each Team & 3+ Cards for Each Team 55/1
- Thomas Muller to Score 2 or More Goals & Jordi Alba to be Carded 55/1
Every one of those came in. Seriously.
Luis Suarez’s one meaningful contribution – well, besides his stellar work kicking-off so many times after Bayern goals – was a second-half strike that brought home loads of bets on both teams to score in both halves.
This is the Luis Suarez heat map from the first half against Bayern which shows he spent most of his time kicking off ? pic.twitter.com/MWBRjxZDn0
— Chris Chambers (@CapitalChambo) August 15, 2020
But worst of all was our #WhatOddsPaddy offering of 11/1 on possibly the greatest player of all time and the most prolific goalscorer in Europe this year both getting at least one shot on target in each half.
Yes, that’s right, double-digit odds for Messi and Lewandowski both just getting a shot on goal in both halves.
Paddy now has over 60,000 reasons to know why that was a bad idea.
That made up the biggest single winning line among the specials offered on the game, but there were plenty of other winning punts too thanks to all the goals, corners and cards in an action-packed game which lifted the final loss on just #WhatOddsPaddy bets to £587,590.
It’s the biggest football giveaway since Peter Ridsdale had the Leeds chequebook taken off him.
I hope you’re all happy.
- All the latest football previews from across Europe are just a click away
- Placing bets is easier than ever with Paddy Power News’ live odds banners
- Revealed: Anelka ‘requested transfer to another documentary’ during Netflix filming