Breaking News: Bale goes AWOL ahead of possible United switch

Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale has gone missing ahead of a potential transfer to Manchester United.

Gareth Bale

Comments

Representatives from Real Madrid have made countless fruitless attempts to contact the 29-year-old whose phone allegedly died several days ago.

The former Southampton star has been unreachable after accidentally dropping all his phone charging devices into a woodchipper last Wednesday.

Make the transfer to paddypower.com this summer

The Spanish giants are reportedly desperate to offload the winger this summer with Old Trafford a likely destination for the big-eared prima donna.

However, any potential switch to United hinges upon Los Blancos making contact with Bale who has so far refused to acknowledge all known forms of communication.

Real president Florentino Pérez made an emotional televised appeal last night, urging the £600,000-a-week star to get in touch with the club.

The 72-year-old Spaniard held up a picture of Bale and appealed for the public’s help to find the Welshman.

‘Gareth is 6ft 1, with big lugs and a silly top-knot’, said Pérez.

‘Gareth could be in the Madrid, London or Cardiff areas’.

‘If you’ve seen Gareth today or know of his whereabouts please contact Real Madrid via the emergency hotline’.

‘Gaz, no one’s angry with you. We just want you to come home, son’, sobbed Pérez.

Los Merengues first informed Bale of United’s interest on Monday via the club’s WhatsApp group chat.

However, the former Spurs ace immediately left the conversation and subsequently deleted the app from his phone.

The 13-times European Cup winners became increasingly concerned for Bale’s wellbeing after their attempts to contact him via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Bebo all failed.

When the club’s secretary sent an email to Bale’s Yahoo account, she received a poorly worded response from a man purporting to be a Nigerian prince who requested her bank details.

Concerned Real boss Zinedine Zidane even called to Bale’s home but no one answered the door despite his repeated attempts.

‘When I walked up the driveway, I could hear the Stereophonic’s music blaring and I was relieved because I thought Gareth was home’, explained the 47-year-old Frenchman.

‘I rang the bell several times but no one answered. Then suddenly, the music stopped’.

‘I peered through the living room window and saw Gareth’s feet sticking out from behind a leather Chesterfield settee’.

‘I wrapped the window with my knuckles and told Gareth I could see his big silly feet but still he ignored me’, said the World Cup winner.

If anyone has any information regards the whereabouts of Bale they’re being advised to make contact with a Mr Edward Woodward in Manchester, who is currently in the process of drafting him a £1m per week contract.

Who’s on the move? Get the latest transfer odds at PaddyPower.com

What do you think?