With new season fever proving so infectious even Arsenal fans have forgotten their moans (for now) and we’re announcing what bets are proving most popular with punters before the big kick off.
And it seems that the summer holiday sun may have gone to some bettors’ heads, as our research has revealed some startling results:
- Liverpool – yes, really – have attracted the most bets to win the league, at 11/1. The next most popular sides are Man United (10/3) and Arsenal (11/1).
- Antonio Conte has received massive backing in the sack race at 12/1. Only Stoke’s Mark Hughes (4/1) has been had more bets to leave his job first this season.
- For relegation, 2016 champions Leicester are the punters’ pick (14/1) – with Huddersfield (8/13) and Stoke (11/2) tipped to join them.
- The race for a Champions League berth has never been so competitive, with a ‘big six’ gearing up for battle this season – and our customers think there could be another couple of teams added to the mix. By far the most popular bet has been Everton at 9/1, with Newcastle (100/1), Huddersfield (500/1) and West Ham (35/1) completing the punters’ top four.
Asked his thoughts on the punts spokesman Paddy Power said: “It’s been a long summer without the football, and I’m clearly not the only one who’s gone a bit delirious – as our most popular bets have been revealed.
“Liverpool for the title? Newcastle and Huddersfield for the fop four? That’s the kind of ridiculous optimism I love. Paddy Power punters, You Beauty!”
7/4 Man City
10/3 Man United
4/1 Mark Hughes
4/1 Rafa Benitez
15/2 Slaven Billic
15/2 Craig Shakespeare
9/1 Tony Pulis
12/1 Antonio Conte
- All our full football specials can be found here.
* All odds correct at time of posting.