A Paddy Power shop punter is hoping that Arsenal can upset the odds on land a place in the Premier League top 4 to land him a windfall of €248,701.79.
The clued-in punter placed a €200 10-fold accumulator in a Cork shop last May and with 9 legs of his acca already landed his full attention has now turned to Arsene Wenger’s faltering charges.
Having not finished outside the top four since 1995/96, the Gunners are now the 9/2 underdogs to finish in the Champions League places having lost ground on Manchester City and Liverpool and will need all three points against Sunderland on Wednesday if they are to keep their faint hopes alive.
Should Arsenal fail in their late charge it will be a tough blow for the punter who correctly predicted the nine other legs of his accumulator including: Dublin winning the All Ireland Football Championship, France reaching the final of Euro 2016 and Newcastle winning the Championship.
Féilim Mac An Iomaire, a spokesperson for Paddy Power, said: “Our Cork punter has had a hell of a run with his predictions but should Arsenal fail to round off his extraordinary accumulator we imagine there’ll be a few “Wenger Out” signs popping up on Leeside.”
- 4/9 Clare to beat Limerick in the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
- 6/5 Tipperary to win the Munster Senior Hurling Championship
- 9/5 France to reach the final of Euro 2016
- 4/7 Argentina to win Copa America Group D
- 11/10 Dublin to win the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship
- 1/2 Cork to win League of Ireland Premier Division betting without Dundalk
- 6/5 Drogheda to win League of Ireland Division 1 betting without Limerick
- 6/5 England to win the Six Nations
- 5/2 Newcastle to win the Championship
- 4/6 Arsenal to finish in the top 4 of the Premier League