The stage looked set for a Hotshot Jackpot winner this week. Sergio Aguero started of proceedings with two delicious goals within ten minutes of each other. Followed by a main course of Roberto Firmino and finally, Romelu Lukaku – this week’s most popular selection – brought home a delicious dessert on Sunday, finding the net just after half time.
The traders had begun to brace themselves with hands over their eyes as those results came crashing in, the most popular selections from HSJP week ten finding the net with ease. In fact, hundreds of customers were already well on their way to victory after correctly predicting six of the eight results needed.
One punter was desperately seeking a centurion to land him the money. He had seven of eight goalscorers in the bag and just needed Watford skipper Troy Deeney to do the business. The striker is desperately seeking his century, as he currently sits stalled on 99 goals in a Hornets shirt since he joined six years ago.
Not only did he let himself down when failing to reach that elusive 100 goals, he also let down one punter to the tune of £250,000.
A popular choice, 61% of players went with Deeney, who missed the sitter of the season so far against Hull on Saturday. Nordin Amrabat’s attempted shot dropped to Deeney at the far post, but he headed wide. From just two yards out!
So, Mr Deeney. For snatching the victory from under one punter’s nose and letting down tens of thousands of others, you are the Hotshot Jackpot Villain of the Week.
- Watford had 22 shots against Hull this weekend, but not one of them was on target. They managed a win against The Tigers because of an own goal in the 82nd
- Hull Skipper Michael Dawson scored his first Premier League own-goal since 2006.
- In the opening four minutes of the game, The Hornets had three shots at The Tigers’l goal.
- Watford are now unbeaten in four games – their best streak since December 2015.
- Romelu Lukaku was the most popular selection of the week, with 82% of players backing him to do the business against West Ham.
- Almost three hundred punters had correctly selected 6 out of 8 winners this week, ramping up the excitement for the weekend.