You're nine correct goalscorers away from winning £250k
Plus Charlie Austin gives his picks for round 2
Yes, Paddy Power’s Hotshot Jackpot is up and running and you still have a chance of winning a seriously life-changing amount of money for picking nine anytime goalscorers in the second round of Euro 2016 group games. No one managed to strike it lucky in round one so the jackpot total has been fattened up with a further £50k to an eye-watering £250k. And it’s free to enter!!
If the Jackpot isn’t won the leader after each round wins £/€2,500 with the top 100 entrants from each round getting a £/€25 free bet. Check out the leaderboard here.
Simply predict a player to score a goal in each of these selected fixtures and nine correct picks scoops the loot! Entry for the second round closes at 1.55pm Thursday June 16th so get your selections in.
- June 16 – England v Wales
- June 16 – Ukraine v N.Ireland
- June 16 – Germany v Poland
- June 17 – Italy v Sweden
- June 17 – Czech Rep v Croatia
- June 17 – Spain v Turkey
- June 18 – Belgium v Ireland
- June 18 – Iceland v Hungary
- June 18 – Portugal v Austria
Charlie Austin’s picks
Don’t worry, we haven’t given a free entry to a millionaire Premier League footballer but we did tap Charlie Austin for his anytime goalscorer picks on each game.
England v Wales – Wayne Rooney
Rooney, who was England’s best player against Russia as well as the countries record goalscorer, has scored in 5 of his last 7 England starts
Ukraine v Ireland – Lafferty
Scored 7 goals in 9 qualifying matches.
Germany v Poland – Thomas Muller
Scored 9 goals in qualification and is coming off the best goalscoring season of his career, scoring 32 goals in 49 games for Bayern.
Spain v Turkey – Cesc Fabregas
Fabregas scored at least one goal in the previous two European Championship
Czech Republic v Croatia– Ladislav Krejci
Looked lively in the first game.
Italy v Sweden – Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Scored against Italy in previous European Championship meeting, coming off best goalscoring season of career hitting 50 goals in 51 games. Sweden’s record goalscorer with 62 goals in 114 caps, has 11 in last 13 for Sweden.
Belgium v Ireland – Shane Long
5 in last 10 for club and country, hit double digits in the Premier League for the first time last season.
Iceland v Hungary – Kolbeinn Sigthórsson
A physical presence up front who has scored 20 goals in 39 caps for Iceland
Portugal v Austria – Cristiano Ronaldo
Scored 51 goals in 48 games for Real Madrid last season. Portugal’s record goalscorer with 58 goals in 127 caps.
Rules and stuff
Hold up Paddy, you cry. My football knowledge is good, but what happens if Lady Luck isn’t on my side and one fella lets me down? Well do not fear, if the overall Jackpot is not won there will be a £2.5k prize per round awarded to the entry who correctly gets the highest number of anytime scorers, plus the top 100 participants will also get a £/€25 free bet!
It’s a serious prize, so get studying the form book and start selecting the players that could take you one step closer to £250,000.
For the full T&Cs head over here, while there are a few of the key rules of the game below:
- It’s completely free to play and you use the same login details as you would for PaddyPower.com
- Only one account is allowed per person. Multiple accounts will be closed. Only one entry per round is allowed per person
- If two or more participants correctly predict anytime goalscorers in ALL the selected Hotshot Jackpot fixtures, the overall winner will be the participant with the closest prediction for the Hotshot Tiebreaker Question to the actual time of the first goal in a game selected by Paddy Power
- An entry can be changed following submission up until five minutes before kick off of the first game in that round. When the competition has closed, entrants cannot change their predictions.
- If your selection does not play any part in the game you will be given the lowest price favourite on the “home team”. The “home team” is determined as the first team in the order displayed on the selection menu where you choose your anytime goalscorer. If there are multiple players with the same price, your selection will be determined as the player with the lowest shirt number.